This stable release fixes issues in the proxy and Destination controller which
can result in Linkerd proxies sending traffic to stale endpoints. In addition,
it contains a bug fix for profile resolutions for pods bound on host ports and
includes patches for security advisory CVE-2023-44487/GHSA-qppj-fm5r-hxr3
- Control Plane
- Fixed an issue where the Destination controller could stop processing
changes in the endpoints of a destination, if a proxy subscribed to that
destination stops reading service discovery updates. This issue results in
proxies attempting to send traffic for that destination to stale endpoints
(#11491, fixes #11480, #11279, #10590)
- Fixed an issue where the Destination controller would not update pod
metadata for profile resolutions for a pod accessed via the host network
(e.g. HostPort endpoints) (#11334)
Addressed CVE-2023-44487/GHSA-qppj-fm5r-hxr3 by upgrading several
dependencies (including Go's gRPC and net libraries)
- Fixed a regression where the proxy rendered
grpc_statusmetric labels as
a string rather than as the numeric status code (linkerd2-proxy#2480;
- Fixed a regression introduced in stable-2.13.0 where proxies would not
terminate unused service discovery watches, exerting backpressure on the
Destination controller, potentially causing it to become
- 🔍View and search all Linkerd releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!