This is a bug fix release addressing two issues: one security issue, and one bug related to formatting backwards-compatibility.
Golang security fix CVE-2022-41717
An attacker can cause excessive memory growth in a Go server accepting HTTP/2 requests.
Since we advise against running an OPA service exposed to the general public of the internet, potential attackers would be limited to people that are already capable of sending direct requests to the OPA service.
opa fmt and backwards compatibility (#5449)
In v0.46.1, it was possible that
opa fmt would format a rule in such a way that:
- Before formatting, it was working fine with older OPA versions, and
- after formatting, it would only work with OPA version >= 0.46.1.
This backwards incompatibility wasn't intended, and has now been fixed.
Two other commits had to be pulled in to fix the build. They are CI-related and contain no code changes.
- 🔍View and search all Open Policy Agent releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!