k3s - v1.26.5+k3s1
This release updates Kubernetes to v1.26.5, and fixes a number of issues.
For more details on what's new, see the Kubernetes release notes.
Changes since v1.26.4+k3s1:
- Ensure that klog verbosity is set to the same level as logrus (#7360)
- Prepend release branch to dependabot (#7374)
- Add integration tests for etc-snapshot server flags (#7377)
- Bump Runc and Containerd (#7399)
- CLI + Config Enhancement (#7403)
--Tls-sansnow accepts multiple arguments:
Prefer-bundled-bin: truenow works properly when set in
- Migrate netutil methods into /utils/net.go (#7432)
- Bump kube-router version to fix a bug when a port name is used (#7460)
- Kube flags and longhorn storage tests (#7465)
- Local-storage: Fix permission (#7474)
- Bump containerd to v1.7.0 and move back into multicall binary (#7444)
- The embedded containerd version has been bumped to
v1.7.0-k3s1, and has been reintegrated into the main k3s binary for a significant savings in release artifact size.
- Backport version bumps and bugfixes (#7514)
- K3s now retries the cluster join operation when receiving a "too many learners" error from etcd. This most frequently occurred when attempting to add multiple servers at the same time.
- K3s once again supports aarch64 nodes with page size > 4k
- The packaged Traefik version has been bumped to v2.9.10 / chart 21.2.0
- K3s now prints a more meaningful error when attempting to run from a filesystem mounted
- K3s now exits with a proper error message when the server token uses a bootstrap token
- Fixed an issue where Addon, HelmChart, and HelmChartConfig CRDs were created without structural schema, allowing the creation of custom resources of these types with invalid content.
- Servers started with the (experimental) --disable-agent flag no longer attempt to run the tunnel authorizer agent component.
- Fixed an regression that prevented the pod and cluster egress-selector modes from working properly.
- K3s now correctly passes through etcd-args to the temporary etcd that is used to extract cluster bootstrap data when restarting managed etcd nodes.
- K3s now properly handles errors obtaining the current etcd cluster member list when a new server is joining the managed etcd cluster.
- The embedded kine version has been bumped to v0.10.1. This replaces the legacy
lib/pqpostgres driver with
- The bundled CNI plugins have been upgraded to v1.2.0-k3s1. The bandwidth and firewall plugins are now included in the bundle.
- The embedded Helm controller now supports authenticating to chart repositories via credentials stored in a Secret, as well as passing repo CAs via ConfigMap.
- Bump containerd/runc to v1.7.1-k3s1/v1.1.7 (#7534)
- The bundled containerd and runc versions have been bumped to v1.7.1-k3s1/v1.1.7
- Wrap error stating that it is coming from netpol (#7547)
- Add '-all' flag to apply to inactive units (#7573)
- Update to v1.26.5-k3s1 (#7576)
- Pin emicklei/go-restful to v3.9.0 (#7598)
Embedded Component Versions
| Component | Version |
| Kubernetes | v1.26.5 |
| Kine | v0.10.1 |
| SQLite | 3.39.2 |
| Etcd | v3.5.7-k3s1 |
| Containerd | v1.7.1-k3s1 |
| Runc | v1.1.7 |
| Flannel | v0.21.4 |
| Metrics-server | v0.6.2 |
| Traefik | v2.9.10 |
| CoreDNS | v1.10.1 |
| Helm-controller | v0.14.0 |
| Local-path-provisioner | v0.0.24 |
As always, we welcome and appreciate feedback from our community of users. Please feel free to:
- Open issues here
- Join our Slack channel
- Check out our documentation for guidance on how to get started or to dive deep into K3s.
- Read how you can contribute here
- 🔍View and search all k3s releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!