k3s - v1.24.3+k3s1
This release updates Kubernetes to v1.24.3, and fixes a number of issues.
For more details on what's new, see the Kubernetes release notes.
Changes since v1.24.2+k3s2:
- Updated rancher/remotedialer to address a potential memory leak. (#5784)
- The embedded runc binary has been bumped to v1.1.3 (#5783)
- Fixed a regression that caused some containerd labels to be empty in cadvisor pod metrics (#5812)
- Replace dapper testing with regular docker (#5805)
- Promote v1.23.8+k3s2 to stable (#5814)
- Fixed an issue that would cause etcd restore to fail when restoring a snapshot made with secrets encryption enabled if the --secrets-encryption command was not included in the config file or restore command. (#5817)
- Fix deletion of svclb DaemonSet when Service is deleted
- Fixed a regression that caused ServiceLB DaemonSets to remain present after their corresponding Services were deleted.
Manual cleanup of orphaned
svclb-*DaemonSets from the
kube-systemnamespace may be necessary if any LoadBalancer Services were deleted while running an affected release. (#5824)
- Address issues with etcd snapshots
- Scheduled etcd snapshots are now compressed when snapshot compression is enabled.
- The default etcd snapshot timeout has been raised to 5 minutes.
Only one scheduled etcd snapshot will run at a time. If another snapshot would occur while the previous snapshot is still in progress, an error will be logged and the second scheduled snapshot will be skipped.
- S3 objects for etcd snapshots are now labeled with the correct content-type when compression is not enabled. (#5833)
- Update to v1.24.3 (#5870)
Embedded Component Versions
| Component | Version |
| Kubernetes | v1.24.3 |
| Kine | v0.9.3 |
| SQLite | 3.36.0 |
| Etcd | v3.5.3-k3s1 |
| Containerd | v1.5.13-k3s1 |
| Runc | v1.1.3 |
| Flannel | v0.18.1 |
| Metrics-server | v0.5.2 |
| Traefik | v2.6.2 |
| CoreDNS | v1.9.1 |
| Helm-controller | v0.12.3 |
| Local-path-provisioner | v0.0.21 |
As always, we welcome and appreciate feedback from our community of users. Please feel free to:
- Open issues here
- Join our Slack channel
- Check out our documentation for guidance on how to get started or to dive deep into K3s.
- Read how you can contribute here
- 🔍View and search all k3s releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!