This release updates Kubernetes to v1.28.3, and fixes a number of issues.
For more details on what's new, see the Kubernetes release notes.
Changes since v1.28.2+k3s1:
- Fix error reporting (#8250)
- Add context to flannel errors (#8284)
- Update channel, September patch release (#8397)
- Add missing link to drone in documentation (#8295)
- Include the interface name in the error message (#8346)
- Add extraArgs to vpn provider (#8354)
- Allow to pass extra args to the vpn provider
- Disable HTTP on main etcd client port (#8402)
- Embedded etcd no longer serves http requests on the client port, only grpc. This addresses a performance issue that could cause watch stream starvation under load. For more information, see https://github.com/etcd-io/etcd/issues/15402
- Server token rotation (#8215)
- Fix issues with etcd member removal after reset (#8392)
- Fixed an issue that could cause k3s to attempt to remove members from the etcd cluster immediately following a cluster-reset/restore, if they were queued for removal at the time the snapshot was taken.
- Fix gofmt error (#8439)
- Added advertise address integration test (#8344)
- Added cluster reset from non bootstrap nodes on snapshot restore e2e test (#8292)
- Fix .github regex to skip drone runs on gh action bumps (#8433)
- Added error when cluster reset while using server flag (#8385)
- The user will receive a error when --cluster-reset with the --server flag
- Update kube-router (#8423)
- Update kube-router to v2.0.0-rc7 to fix performance issues
- Add SHA256 signatures of the install script (#8312)
- Add SHA256 signatures of the install script.
- Add --image-service-endpoint flag (#8279)
--image-service-endpointflag to specify an external image service socket.
- Don't ignore assets in home dir if system assets exist (#8458)
- Pass SystemdCgroup setting through to nvidia runtime options (#8470)
- Fixed issue that would cause pods using nvidia container runtime to be killed after a few seconds, when using newer versions of nvidia-container-toolkit.
- Improve release docs - updated (#8414)
- Take IPFamily precedence based on order (#8460)
- Fix spellcheck problem (boostrap ==> bootstrap) (#8507)
- Network defaults are duplicated, remove one (#8523)
- Fix slemicro check for selinux (#8526)
- Update install.sh.sha256sum (#8566)
- System agent push tags fix (#8568)
- Fixed tailscale node IP dualstack mode in case of IPv4 only node (#8524)
- Server Token Rotation (#8265)
- Users can now rotate the server token using
k3s token rotate -t <OLD_TOKEN> --new-token <NEW_TOKEN>. After command succeeds, all server nodes must be restarted with the new token.
- E2E Domain Drone Cleanup (#8579)
- Bump containerd to v1.7.7-k3s1 (#8604)
- Bump busybox to v1.36.1 (#8602)
- Migrate to using custom resource to store etcd snapshot metadata (#8064)
- Switch build target from main.go to a package. (#8342)
- Use IPv6 in case is the first configured IP with dualstack (#8581)
- Bump traefik, golang.org/x/net, google.golang.org/grpc (#8624)
- Update kube-router package in build script (#8630)
- Add etcd-only/control-plane-only server test and fix control-plane-only server crash (#8638)
version.Programnot K3s in token rotate logs (#8653)
- [Windows Port (#7259)
- Fix CloudDualStackNodeIPs feature-gate inconsistency (#8667)
- Re-enable etcd endpoint auto-sync (#8675)
- Manually requeue configmap reconcile when no nodes have reconciled snapshots (#8683)
- Update to v1.28.3 and Go to v1.20.10 (#8682)
- Fix s3 snapshot restore (#8729)
Embedded Component Versions
| Component | Version |
| Kubernetes | v1.28.3 |
| Kine | v0.10.3 |
| SQLite | 3.42.0 |
| Etcd | v3.5.9-k3s1 |
| Containerd | v1.7.7-k3s1 |
| Runc | v1.1.8 |
| Flannel | v0.22.2 |
| Metrics-server | v0.6.3 |
| Traefik | v2.10.5 |
| CoreDNS | v1.10.1 |
| Helm-controller | v0.15.4 |
| Local-path-provisioner | v0.0.24 |
As always, we welcome and appreciate feedback from our community of users. Please feel free to:
- Open issues here
- Join our Slack channel
- Check out our documentation for guidance on how to get started or to dive deep into K3s.
- Read how you can contribute here
- 🔍View and search all k3s releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!