3.9.14 is a maintenance release in the
3.9.x release series.
Please refer to the Upgrading to 3.9 section from v3.9.0 release notes if upgrading from a version prior to 3.9.0.
This release requires at least Erlang 23.2, and supports Erlang 24. RabbitMQ and Erlang/OTP Compatibility Matrix has more details on Erlang version requirements for RabbitMQ.
Changes Worth Mentioning
Release notes are kept under rabbitmq-server/release-notes.
Contributors are encouraged to update them together with their changes. This helps with release automation and a more consistent release schedule.
- Restart of a node that hosted one or more stream leaders resulted in
their consumers not "re-attaching" to the newly elected leader.
GitHub issue: #4133
- Large fanouts experienced a performance regression when streams were not
enabled using a feature flag.
GitHub issue: #4086
- Stream management plugin did not support mixed version clusters.
GitHub issue: #4082
- Stream deletion did not result in a
basic.cancelbeing sent to AMQP 0-9-1 consumers.
GitHub issue: #4192
- Stream clients did not receive a correct stream unavailability error in some
GitHub issue: #4117
- It is again possible to clear user tags and update the password in a single operation.
GitHub issue: #4126
- Forward compatibility with Erlang 25.
GitHub issue: #4256
File handle cache efficiency improvements.
Contributed by @felixhuettner.
GitHub issue: #4324
Uknown stream properties (e.g. those requested by a node that runs a newer version)
are now handled gracefully.
GitHub issue: #4090
- Temporary hostname resolution issues (attempts that fail with
are now handled more gracefully and with a delay of several seconds.
GitHub issue: #4233
- Build time compatibility with Elixir 1.13.
GitHub issue: #4019
OAuth 2 AuthN/AuthZ Backend Plugin
rabbitmq.confwas not converted correctly
during configuration translation and thus had no effect.
Contributed by @luos.
GitHub issue: #4105
LDAP AuthN/AuthZ Backend Plugin
- Adapt to a breaking Erlang 24.3 LDAP client change.
GitHub issue: #4287
- Shovels now can be declared with
delete-afterparameter set to
Such shovels will immediately stop instead of erroring and failing to
start after a node restart.
Contributed by @luos.
GitHub issue: #4101
Consul Peer Discovery Plugin
- Support for Consul 1.1 response code changes
when an operation is attempted on a non-existent health check.
Suggested by @maestroes.
GitHub issue: #4155
Source Code Archives
To obtain source code of the entire distribution, please download the archive named
instead of the source tarball produced by GitHub.
- 🔍View and search all RabbitMQ releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!