3.9.28 is a maintenance release in the
3.9.x release series.
This series reaches end of general support on Jan 31st, 2023.
Please refer to the Upgrading to 3.9 section from v3.9.0 release notes
if upgrading from a version prior to 3.9.0.
This release requires at least Erlang 24.3, and supports Erlang 25.
RabbitMQ and Erlang/OTP Compatibility Matrix has more details on Erlang version requirements for RabbitMQ.
Minimum Supported Erlang Version
Erlang 23 support has reached its end of support.
Starting with this release, RabbitMQ requires Erlang 24.3 or later versions. Nodes will fail to start on older Erlang releases.
Changes Worth Mentioning
Release notes can be found on GitHub at rabbitmq-server/release-notes.
- Preserve additional information in the log message when heartbeat frame cannot
be sent due to a TCP timeout.
GitHub issue: #6708
rabbitmqctl add_vhostnow coerces a single string value of
--tagsinto an array.
GitHub issue: #6877
- User filtering combined with pagination in the management UI did not work as expected.
GitHub issue: #4908
- Correctly format JSON field value in channel detail API response.
GitHub issue: #2684
AMQP 1.0 Plugin
- AMQP 1.0 connection churn resulted in a memory leak.
GitHub issue: #6969
Web STOMP Plugin
ERRORframes delivery is now correctly delivered w.r.t. TCP connection closure for clients that run into
certain types of exceptions.
Contributed by @csicar.
GitHub issue: #6789
None in this release.
Source Code Archives
To obtain source code of the entire distribution, please download the archive named
instead of the source tarball produced by GitHub.
- 🔍View and search all RabbitMQ releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!