The following outlines some updates from the Spin v0.10.0 release.
Some highlights in v0.10.0 at a glance:
- We've made it easier for you to find application logs by default. As of v0.10.0 onwards, a user running an app locally will see that logs are now stored in the same directory as the
spin.toml file. Whereas, a user running an app from a registry will see that logs are no longer stored (by default) but instead streamed to stdout (which you can override this using the --quiet and --follow flags). For both local and remote apps, you can save logs to a specific location using the
--log-dir. See the
spin up CLI for more information.
- A Bindle related deprecation message has been added to commands and options that currently interact with Bindle i.e.
spin bindle push,
spin bindle run,
spin up -b (
- The outbound HTTP feature now traces both successful and failed requests to improve feedback to the calling code.
- The updated
-f option (and additional equivalent
--from option) combines the old
--from-registry. After v0.10.0, the
--from can infer a
spin.toml file, a directory containing a
spin.toml file, or a remote registry reference. If
--from is omitted, it defaults to
spin.toml. Also, please note, if Spin interprets the source incorrectly, please either use the
--from-registry options to clarify.
As always, thanks to contributors old and new for helping improve Spin on a daily basis! 🎉
- feat(templates): update sdk to v0.9.0 by @github-actions in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1172
- fix(cli.rs): fix typo by @vdice in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1171
- ci(build.yml): rm e2e-tests concurrency config by @vdice in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1167
- Split spin-publish into spin-bindle and spin-oci by @lann in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1166
- outbound-http: Enable gzip compression by @lann in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1177
- fix dependencies for code coverage build by @rajatjindal in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1180
- Remove deprecated --follow-all option by @itowlson in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1185
- Show top level login and deploy commands in help by @itowlson in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1184
spin_manifest_versionin Spin.toml by @kate-goldenring in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1169
- Simpler error when command neither recognised nor plugin by @itowlson in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1189
- ref(Dockerfiles): go/tinygo bumps per latest 0.9.0 go templates/SDK by @vdice in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1153
- Fix duplicate package warnings by @itowlson in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1192
- allow running e2e tests with aarch64 by @rajatjindal in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1174
- add e2e tests for redis trigger by @rajatjindal in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1162
- Mostly flagless app source by @itowlson in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1179
- add SIP 011 - Component versioning by @dicej in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1048
CachingStoreManagerto KV component and use it by default by @dicej in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1195
Storein the Rust SDK by @dicej in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1200
- make go kv example same as rust by @rajatjindal in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1197
- chore: Use clap group for spin up source flags by @lann in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1203
- Trace outbound request by @radu-matei in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1199
- support explicit capacity limits for KV by @dicej in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1204
- add some more documentation for e2e-tests by @rajatjindal in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1194
- Reorganize spin-loader cache code by @lann in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1212
- Print deprecation message on Bindle features by @itowlson in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1208
- cleanup of integration tests and more e2e tests by @rajatjindal in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1202
- export SDK version and language functions per SIP 011 by @dicej in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1209
- More OCI refactoring by @lann in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1213
- Add a log statement to tell the user to look at the logs if readiness is not achieved by @calebschoepp in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1216
- ref(up): update default log dir by @adamreese in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1196
- Update to version 0.10.0 release by @tpmccallum in https://github.com/fermyon/spin/pull/1220
Full Changelog: https://github.com/fermyon/spin/compare/v0.9.0...v0.10.0
- 🔍View and search all Spin releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!