Most important features in this release
Partner and community addons
The evolution of the addon ecosystem continues to strengthen MicroK8s. The following addons are new in the 1.26 release under the community repo:
* ondat: Run stateful workloads at scale.
* sosivio: Next Generation Kubernetes Security made easy.
* gopaddle: Provision multi-cloud clusters, dockerise applications, deploy, monitor and build DevOps pipelines within a fraction of time.
* KWasm: Tooling for cloud-native WebAssembly.
Core addons are Kubernetes services shipped with MicroK8s and supported by Canonical Kubernetes. MicroK8s 1.26 extends the core addon ecosystem with the introduction of MinIO: high-performance, S3 compatible object storage.
Updates in detail
Most important updates since the last release:
Kubernetes core services
- Code quality improvements in the ClusterAPI providers thanks to @oscr
- Removing the Calico interfaces when removing the snap
- Introducing launch configurations for the strict snap
- etcd upgraded to v3.5
- CoreDNS uses the host’s resolv.conf to find the forward DNS servers
- Fixed the dashboard-proxy command on Windows and macOS, thank you @doggy8088
- Minor improvements to management of the 'microk8s' group, thank you @barrettj12
- Improved search for kubelet tokens, thank you @ortegarenzy
- OpenEBS addon updated to 3.3.x, thank you @zacbayhan
- Improved observability for multi-node clusters, thank you @MrRoundRobin
- K8s services alerting in the observability addon, thank you @dud225
- Scheduler and controller prometheus scraping, thank you @plomosits
- osm-edge version upgrade to v1.1.2 along with a new command
microk8s osm, thank you @naqvis
- Starboard addon renamed to Trivy, thank you @AnaisUrlichs
- New addon, gopaddle. Try it with
microk8s enable gopaddle-lite. Thank you @renugadevi-2613.
- New minio addon, try it with
microk8s enable minio
- New ondat addon, try it with
microk8s enable ondat. Thank you @hubvu
- KWASM.sh addon, a container runtime for WebAssembly workloads, give it a try with
microk8s enable kwasm. Thank you @0xE282B0.
- New community addon sosivio, try it with
microk8s enable sosivio. Courtesy of @DanArlowski and the sosivio team.
- Istio upgraded to v1.15.3, thank you @Azuna1
- NVIDIA GPU operator upgraded to 22.9.0
Users following the latest stable MicroK8s track will be automatically upgraded to v1.26 in the next few days. Those who want to upgrade their existing clusters can follow the instructions in our docs. Remember, to call
sudo microk8s addons repo update <repo_name> on the addon repositories you would like to fetch updates for.
- 🔍View and search all Microk8s releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!