Most important updates since the last release:
- Kubernetes core services
- Kubernetes v1.24
- Containerd v1.5.12, runc v1.0.3
- Calico upgraded to v3.21.4
- Read only kubelet port 10255 closed by default
- Nginx Ingress controller updated to v1.2.0, thank you @balchua
- CoreDNS updated to v1.9.0, thank you @balchua
Dqlite updated to v1.10.0, improved memory management
- The control plane will not start automatically in low memory systems (less than 512MB of RAM)
- Hostname resolution is now checked when nodes join a cluster
microk8a add-nodecommand now has optional yaml or json output
- Updated LXD profile to work on the latest OS releases. Thank you @caleblloyd
- Mayastor HA-storage option available with
microk8s enable mayastor
microk8s resetrefactored with improved output
- Allow repositories with addons to be added at runtime
Addons can now be edited before they are enabled
- Helm upgraded to v3.8.0, thank you @balchua
- KEDA upgraded to v2.6.0, thanks to @balchua
- Dashboard upgraded to v2.3.0, thank you @hryyan
- Traefik updated to v2.5, thank you @miro-balaz
- Install traefik via Helm, thank you @balasu
- Install portainer via Helm, thank you @balasu
- Updated hostpath-provisioner version. Please
microk8s disable hostpath-storageand
microk8s enable hostpath-storageif you run an old version of the hostpath provisioner.
- Remove reliance on selfLink, which has been removed for Kubernetes 1.24+, thank you @chris-hamper
- Fix non-root containers being unable to write to volumes
- Ensure NodeAffinity rules are set for all PersistentVolumes
- Support for s390x architecture
- The Kubeflow and Juju addons have been removed. To install Kubeflow on MicroK8s, please see the Charmed Kubeflow docs.
- The Ambassador addon has been removed.
- New addon: ArgoCD. Try it with
microk8s enable community; microk8s enable argocd. Thank you @dirien
- New addon: StarBoard. Try it with
microk8s enable community; microk8s enable starboard. Thank you @AnaisUrlichs
Users following the latest stable MicroK8s track will be automatically upgraded to v1.24 in the next few days. Those who want to upgrade their existing clusters can follow the instructions in our docs.
Note: In this release selfLink is removed from upstream Kubernetes, therefore if you run an old hostpath-provisioner (version 1.0.0) its pod will start crashlooping. If this is the case please reenable the hostpath-storage addon with
microk8s disable hostpath-storage and
microk8s enable hostpath-storage. When disabling the addon you will be asked if you want to keep the already provisioned persistence volume claims.
- 🔍View and search all Microk8s releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!