Django 4.2.7 release notes
November 1, 2023
Django 4.2.7 fixes a security issue with severity “moderate” and several bugs
CVE-2023-46695: Potential denial of service vulnerability in
UsernameField on Windows
NFKC normalization is slow on
Windows. As a consequence,
subject to a potential denial of service attack via certain inputs with a very
large number of Unicode characters.
In order to avoid the vulnerability, invalid values longer than
UsernameField.max\_length are no longer normalized, since they cannot pass
- Fixed a regression in Django 4.2 that caused a crash of
QuerySet.aggregate()with aggregates referencing expressions containing
- Restored, following a regression in Django 4.2, creating
deterministic collations on PostgreSQL (#34932).
- 🔍View and search all Django releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!