Zulip - 4.4
4.4 -- 2021-07-22
- Added a tool to fix potential database corruption caused by host OS
- Fixed a possible denial-of-service attack in Markdown fenced code
- Smokescreen, if installed, now defaults to only listening on
127.0.0.1; this prevents it from being used as an open HTTP proxy if
it did not have other firewalls protecting incoming port 4750.
- Fixed a performance/scalability issue for installations using the S3
file uploads backend.
- Fixed a bug where users could turn other users’ messages they could
read into widgets (e.g. polls).
- Fixed a bug where emoji and avatar image requests were sent through
Camo; doing so does not add any security benefit, and broke custom
emoji that had been imported from Slack in Zulip 1.8.1 or earlier.
- Changed to log just a warning, instead of an exception, in the case
embed_linksworker cannot fetch previews for all links in
a message within the 30-second timeout. Each preview request within
a message already has a 15-second timeout.
psycopg2is installed before starting
process_fts_updates; otherwise, it might fail to start several
times before the package was installed.
- Worked around a bug in supervisor where, when using SysV init,
/etc/init.d/supervisor restartwould only have stopped, not
restarted, the process.
- Modified upgrade scripts to better handle failure, and suggest next
steps and point to logs.
- Zulip now hides the “show password” eye icon that IE and Edge
browsers place in password inputs; this duplicated the
- Fixed “OR” glitch on login page if SAML authentication is enabled
but not configured.
send_test_emailmanagement command now shows the full SMTP
conversation on failure.
- Provided a
change_passwordmanagement command which takes a
upgrade-zulip-from-gitcrashing in CSS source map generation
on 1-CPU systems.
- Added an
auto_signupfield in SAML configuration to auto-create
accounts upon first login attempt by users which are authenticated
- Provided better error messages when
are mistakenly space-separated instead of comma-separated.
- Updated translations for many languages.
July 22, 2021, 11:38 p.m.
Zulip Server 4.4
Register or login to:
- 🔍View and search all Zulip releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!