RKE2 - v1.19.13+rke2r1
Attention: On August 5th, we discovered a bug in this release related to label processing. It will be fixed in our next release. We recommend not upgrading to this release and have marked it as a pre-release to prevent automatic upgrades to it.
This release updates Kubernetes to v1.19.13
For more details on what's new, see the Kubernetes release notes
If your server (control-plane) nodes were not started with the
--token CLI flag or config file key, a randomized token was generated during initial cluster startup. This key is used both for joining new nodes to the cluster, and for encrypting cluster bootstrap data within the datastore. Ensure that you retain a copy of this token, as is required when restoring from backup.
You may retrieve the token value from any server already joined to the cluster:
Changes since v1.19.12+rke2r1
- Upgrade Kubernetes to v1.19.13 (#1423)
- Upgrade containerd to v1.4.8-k3s1 (#1400)
- Bootstrap data is now reliably encrypted with the cluster token (#1430)
Packaged Component Versions
| Component | Version |
| Kubernetes | v1.19.13 |
| Etcd | v3.4.13-k3s1 |
| Containerd | v1.4.8-k3s1 |
| Runc | v1.0.0-rc95 |
| CNI Plugins | v0.8.7 |
| Flannel | v0.13.0-rancher1 |
| Calico | v3.13.3 |
| Metrics-server | v0.3.6 |
| CoreDNS | v1.6.9 |
| Ingress-Nginx | v1.36.3 |
| Helm-controller | v0.8.4 |
- #1447 - When restoring RKE2 from backup to a new node, you should ensure that all pods are stopped following the initial restore:
curl -sfL https://get.rke2.io | sudo INSTALL_RKE2_VERSION=v1.19.13+rke2r1 rke2 server \ --cluster-reset \ --cluster-reset-restore-path=<PATH-TO-SNAPSHOT> --token <token used in the original cluster> rke2-killall.sh systemctl enable rke2-server systemctl start rke2-server
As always, we welcome and appreciate feedback from our community of users. Please feel free to:
- Open issues here
- Join our Slack channel
- Check out our documentation for guidance on how to get started.
- 🔍View and search all RKE2 releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!