Rancher Kubernetes Engine (RKE) is a CNCF-certified Kubernetes distribution that runs entirely within Docker containers. It works on bare-metal and virtualized servers. With RKE, the installation and operation of Kubernetes are both simplified and easily automated, and they are entirely independent of the operating system and platform you’re running.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed a regression such that options passed in cluster configuration for nginx configuration don't get passed to the new nginx ingress controller configmap. This is fixed with Kubernetes versions
1.20.15-rancher1-2. See #36851 for more information.
- CoreDNS Autoscaler now has a readiness and liveness check. See #36362.
- Ingresses on Amazon EC2 node driver clusters in an HA Rancher cluster on v1.20 may now be created without error. See #35754.
Known Major Issues
- In clusters where
cloud_provideris configured, and either
internal_addressdoes not contain a valid IP address (e.g. hostname or FQDN), kube-proxy will fail to start. See #1725.
Each version of RKE has a specific list of supported Kubernetes versions. If you want to use a different version than listed below, you will need to update Kubernetes using the system images option in your
| Kubernetes version |
| --------------------- |
New Images in v1.20.15-rancher1
Updated Hyperkube Image based on k8s versions
- 🔍View and search all RKE releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!