RabbitMQ - v3.8.19
3.8.19 is a maintenance release.
RabbitMQ releases are distributed via GitHub, Cloudsmith,
Erlang/OTP Compatibility Notes
This release requires Erlang 23.2 and supports Erlang 24.
Provisioning Latest Erlang Releases explains
what package repositories and tools can be used to provision modern Erlang versions.
Upgrade and Compatibility Notes
See the Upgrading guide for general documentation on upgrades and
RabbitMQ change log for release notes of other releases.
If upgrading from a
3.7.x release, see 3.8.0 release notes
upgrade and compatibility notes first.
If upgrading from a
3.6.x or older release series, first upgrade
3.7.27 and then to this version.
Any questions about this release, upgrades or RabbitMQ in general are welcome on the RabbitMQ mailing list
and RabbitMQ community Slack.
Changes Worth Mentioning
- Binding recovery on node startup is now more efficient. This means in clusters with a lot of
queues and/or bindings, nodes start quicker.
GitHub issue: #3137
- Plugin directory paths are now deduplicated, so if a single directory is specified
more than once, the node won't complain about duplicate plugins.
GitHub issue: #3155
- Startup banner and log entries now use path separators more consistently on Windows.
Thanks to Linda @LindaLawton Lawton for pointing out the inconsistency.
GitHub issue: #3149
When dynamic Shovels are started the plugin now acquires a distributed lock.
This is generally not necessary but helps avoid duplicate Shovels being started
via import of a definition file on every cluster node during cluster formation.
GitHub issue: #3167
No dependency changes in this release.
Source Code Archives
To obtain source code of the entire distribution, please download the archive named
instead of the source tarball produced by GitHub.
- 🔍View and search all RabbitMQ releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!