Portainer - 2.6.0
Overview of changes
New Portainer CE 2.6.0 release - now with support for Git repository deployment, and single sign-on for OAuth. Discover the highlights in this blog post, as well as tips and tricks for upgrading.
- Introduced the ability to deploy a manifest from a git repository when using advanced deployment: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5178
- Renamed Resource Pools to Namespaces in the UI: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5187
- The advanced deployment feature has been made available to standard users: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5179
- Introduced a summary of Kubernetes actions when deploying a Kubernetes resource: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5180
- Added functionality to allow multiple ingress networks per kubernetes namespace, with a differing config per ingress: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/4306
- Added the ability to display realtime container metrics in Kubernetes: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/4391
- Added the ability to display realtime node metrics in Kubernetes: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/4612
- Improved how application image names are shown: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5181
- Improved UI for the placement policies when creating an application: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5174
- Fixed issue where Advanced deployment does not work when using an agent: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/4321
- Fixed issue where environment variable validation when creating an application was too restrictive: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/4922
- Fixed issue where adding an application does not allow Global to be set: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5176
- Fixed issue where the endpoint url is not updated when updating a kubernetes local endpoint: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5172
- Fixed issue when a docker endpoint is selected, configuring a newly added k8s agent fails: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5171
- Fixed issue where removing users from endpoints did not clean up the namespace access: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5202
- Added the ability to update and redeploy a stack created from a git repository: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/1753
- Enhanced environment variables UI/UX for Docker: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/1857
- Added I/O usage to the container statistics: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/4260
- Fixed issue where stacks with a status of 0 are hidden in the UI: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/4422
- Fixed issue where deploying a stack from Git did not work for Azure DevOps: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/1926
- Fixed issue where ACI stops working after persistence or networking gets added: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5177
- Added SSO support for OAuth and do not enforce a login prompt: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5182
- Added the ability to manage orphaned stacks when Portainer has the compose file: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/4397
- Disable sysctl settings for non-administrators incorrectly defaults to being on: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5175
- Properly expose backend error when using image management features: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/4655
- Introduced initial experimental support for Podman: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/2991
known limitations are listed in https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/5188
- Allow the Portainer data folder in dev script to be customized: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues/4667
June 25, 2021, 1:10 a.m.
Register or login to:
- 🔍View and search all Portainer releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!