(December 12, 2022)
- data/packer-image-iteration has been removed. This was an undocumented and
unusable data source that was built for experimentation but not released. It
should not affect users in any way but is being mentioned for visibility
- core: Metadata for capturing template types such as JSON or HCL2 has been added to the
HCP Packer registry metadata. Upon running a
packer buildthe type of
template used during execution will be sent along to the registry as
additional build metadata.GH-12132
The following external plugins have been updated and pinned to address open
issues. Please see their respective changelogs for details on plugin
specific bug fixes and improvements.
- email@example.com - CHANGELOG
- firstname.lastname@example.org - CHANGELOG
- email@example.com - CHANGELOG
- firstname.lastname@example.org - CHANGELOG
- email@example.com - CHANGELOG
- cmd/hcl2_upgrade: Generate variable block for all referenced user input
- cmd/validate: Add support for the
-evaluate-datasourcesflag to evaluate
the data sources from a template during validation time.
- core/hcl2: Variable definition files containing undeclared variables within
an HCL2 template will no longer warn during build execution. Warnings will
be displayed to a user during template validation, which can be disabled by
-no-warn-undeclared-varflag to the validate command.
- core: Docker images have been updated to include the
supporting the creation of ISO files.GH-12081
- core: Split HCP Packer publishing components into a separate internal-only
- cmd/init: The init command will try to fallback to the next available version
for a plugin, if the most recent version is not available or has a missing
checksum file. This should prevent Packer from trying to install versions
that have a GitHub tag but no actual assets.
- cmd/plugins: The
plugins installsub-command will try to fallback to the
next available version for a plugin, if the most recent version is not
available or has a missing checksum file. This should prevent Packer from
trying to install versions that have a GitHub tag but no actual assets.
- core: Bump Go version to 1.18.9 to address vulnerability GO-2022-1144, which
concerns the net/http and golang.org/x/net
- core: Fix the registration of deleted input artifacts in HCP Packer when
- core: Using different template types when building a HCP Packer
image iteration will now trigger a runtime build error due to the
mixing of template types.
Dec. 12, 2022, midnight
Register or login to:
- 🔍View and search all Packer releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!