This is a beta release of the Cloud Native Buildpack local CLI. This platform implementation should be relatively stable and reliable, but breaking changes in the underlying specification may be implemented without notice.
For instructions on installing
pack, see our installation docs.
Run the command
You should see the following output
CLI for building apps using Cloud Native Buildpacks%0A%0AUsage:%0A pack [command]%0A%0AAvailable Commands:%0A build Generate app image from source code%0A builder Interact with builders%0A buildpack Interact with buildpacks%0A config Interact with your local pack config file%0A inspect Show information about a built app image%0A stack Interact with stacks%0A rebase Rebase app image with latest run image%0A sbom Interact with SBoM%0A completion Outputs completion script location%0A report Display useful information for reporting an issue%0A version Show current 'pack' version%0A help Help about any command%0A%0AFlags:%0A -h, --help Help for 'pack'%0A --no-color Disable color output%0A -q, --quiet Show less output%0A --timestamps Enable timestamps in output%0A -v, --verbose Show more output%0A --version Show current 'pack' version%0A%0AUse "pack [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Builders created with this release of the pack CLI contain lifecycle v0.15.2 by default.
- Bump default lifecycle from 0.15.1 to 0.15.2 (#1566 by @natalieparellano)
- Added warning and test for lifecycle under which the builder is trusted (#1553 by @cgoxo)
- Add support for Platform 0.10 (#1547 by @natalieparellano)
- Fix a few bugs (#1542 by @natalieparellano)
- Refactor lifecycle execution and tests (#1539 by @natalieparellano)
- build(deps): bump github.com/spf13/cobra from 1.5.0 to 1.6.1 (#1535 by @dependabot[bot])
- Use arm64 lifecycle for arm64 linux base image (#1521 by @jpena-r7)
- fix: do not use docker's dilaler if URL contains path (#1512 by @matejvasek)
- Fix crash when loading buildpack from OCI archive with relative paths (#1506 by @phil9909)
- Add heroku/builder:22 as a suggested and trusted builder (#1499 by @joshwlewis)
- cache: Add support for bind cache (#1497 by @imnitishng)
- Updates windows-wcow runner to be GitHub-hosted vs self-hosted (#1491 by @natalieparellano)
- Add 'volume' cache format support for --cache flag (#1490 by @imnitishng)
- Fix project.toml build env to match spec (#1479 by @jkutner)
pack builder createshould support extensions (#1478 by @natalieparellano)
- flags: Add
--cacheflag for build cache as image (#1477 by @imnitishng)
- Update default new buildpack API to 0.8 (#1476 by @jkutner)
- Change suggested heroku stack images to the new url (#1451 by @joshwlewis)
- Add support to embed source metadata from git (#1444 by @imnitishng)
We'd like to acknowledge that this release wouldn't be as good without the help of the following amazing contributors:
@SaumyaBhushan, @cgoxo, @dependabot[bot], @dfreilich, @hone, @imnitishng, @jkutner, @joshwlewis, @jpena-r7, @jromero, @matejvasek, @natalieparellano, @phil9909, @vringar
- 🔍View and search all Pack releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!