Pack - v0.20.0
This is a beta release of the Cloud Native Buildpack local CLI. This platform implementation should be relatively stable and reliable, but breaking changes in the underlying specification may be implemented without notice. Note that pack is intended for local image builds, and thus requires a Docker daemon. The lifecycle should be used directly when building on cloud platforms.
- The Docker daemon must be installed on your workstation or accessible over the network.
For instructions on installing
pack, see our installation docs.
Run the command
You should see the following output
CLI for building apps using Cloud Native Buildpacks Usage: pack [command] Available Commands: build Generate app image from source code builder Interact with builders buildpack Interact with buildpacks config Interact with your local pack config file inspect Show information about a built app image stack Interact with stacks rebase Rebase app image with latest run image completion Outputs completion script location report Display useful information for reporting an issue version Show current 'pack' version help Help about any command Flags: -h, --help Help for 'pack' --no-color Disable color output -q, --quiet Show less output --timestamps Enable timestamps in output -v, --verbose Show more output --version Show current 'pack' version Use "pack [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Builders created with this release of the pack CLI contain lifecycle v0.11.3 by default.
- Add registry mirror support for pack build (#1210 by @aemengo)
- Added support for inline buildpacks (#1166 by @jkutner)
- Support Platform APIs 0.5, 0.6 (#1051 by @dwillist)
- Expose functionality to download buildpacks [library] (#1225 by @YousefHaggyHeroku)
- Allow wildcard "any" stack (#1234 by @jkutner)
- Use lifecycle image that matches builder platform (#1216 by @aemengo)
- Concurrency Support for Registry Caching (#1211 by @JakeCooper)
We'd like to acknowledge that this release wouldn't be as good without the help of the following amazing contributors:
@JakeCooper, @YousefHaggyHeroku, @aemengo, @dependabot[bot], @dfreilich, @dwillist, @jkutner, @natalieparellano
- 🔍View and search all Pack releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!