OpenEBS - v0.7-RC2
Please Note: This is a release candidate build. If you are looking at deploying from a stable release, please follow the instructions at Quick Start Guide.
Getting Started with OpenEBS v0.7-RC2
Prerequisite to install
- Kubernetes 1.9.7+ is installed
- Make sure you run the following
kubectlcommand with cluster admin context. The installation will involve create a new Service Account and assigned to OpenEBS components.
Install and Setup
kubectl apply -f https://openebs.github.io/charts/openebs-operator-0.7.0-RC2.yaml
The above command will install OpenEBS Control Plane components and all the required Kubernetes CRDs. With 0.7, the following new services will be installed:
- Node Disk Manager that helps with discovering block devices attached to nodes
- Configuration Files required for supporting both Jiva and cStor Storage Engines
- A default Jiva Storage Pool and a StorageClass called
- A default cStor Storage Pool and a StorageClass called
You are all set!
You can now install your Stateful applications that make use of either of the above StorageClasses or you can create a completely new StorageClass that can be configured with Storage Policies like:
- Number of Data copies to be made
- Specify the nodes on which the Data copies should be persisted
- Specify the CPU or Memory Limits per PV
- Choice of Storage Engine : cStor or Jiva
Some of the sample Storage Class and PVC configurations can be found here: Sample YAMLs
Additional details and release notes are available on Project Tracker Wiki.
- 🔍View and search all OpenEBS releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!