Node.js - v12.22.2
This is a security release.
- CVE-2021-22918: libuv upgrade - Out of bounds read (Medium)
- Node.js is vulnerable to out-of-bounds read in libuv's uv__idna_toascii() function which is used to convert strings to ASCII. This is called by Node's dns module's lookup() function and can lead to information disclosures or crashes. You can read more about it in https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2021-22918
- CVE-2021-22921: Windows installer - Node Installer Local Privilege Escalation (Medium)
- Node.js is vulnerable to local privilege escalation attacks under certain conditions on Windows platforms. More specifically, improper configuration of permissions in the installation directory allows an attacker to perform two different escalation attacks: PATH and DLL hijacking. You can read more about it in https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2021-22921
- CVE-2021-27290: npm upgrade - ssri Regular Expression Denial of Service (ReDoS) (High)
- This is a vulnerability in the ssri npm mudule which may be vulnerable to denial of service attacks. You can read more about it in https://github.com/advisories/GHSA-vx3p-948g-6vhq
- CVE-2021-23362: npm upgrade - hosted-git-info Regular Expression Denial of Service (ReDoS) (Medium)
- This is a vulnerability in the hosted-git-info npm mudule which may be vulnerable to denial of service attacks. You can read more about it in https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-23362
623fd1fcb5] - deps: uv: cherry-pick 99c29c9c2c9b (Ben Noordhuis) nodejs-private/node-private#267
923b3760f8] - deps: upgrade npm to 6.14.13 (Ruy Adorno) #38214
a52790cba0] - win,msi: set install directory permission (AkshayK) nodejs-private/node-private#269
July 1, 2021, 3:40 p.m.
2021-07-01, Version 12.22.2 'Erbium' (LTS), @richardlau
Register or login to:
- 🔍View and search all Node.js releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!