Netbox - v2.4.0
Webhooks enable NetBox to send a representation of an object every time one is created, updated, or deleted. Webhooks are sent from NetBox to external services via HTTP, and can be limited by object type. Services which receive a webhook can act on the data provided by NetBox to automate other tasks.
Special thanks to John Anderson for doing the heavy lifting for this feature!
Tags are free-form labels which can be assigned to a variety of objects in NetBox. Tags can be used to categorize and filter objects in addition to built-in and custom fields. Objects to which tags apply now include a
tags field in the API.
Contextual Configuration Data (#1349)
Sometimes it is desirable to associate arbitrary data with a group of devices to aid in their configuration. (For example, you might want to associate a set of syslog servers for all devices at a particular site.) Context data enables the association of arbitrary data (expressed in JSON format) to devices and virtual machines grouped by region, site, role, platform, and/or tenancy. Context data is arranged hierarchically, so that data with a higher weight can be entered to override more general lower-weight data. Multiple instances of data are automatically merged by NetBox to present a single dictionary for each object.
Change Logging (#1898)
When an object is created, updated, or deleted, NetBox now automatically records a serialized representation of that object (similar to how it appears in the REST API) as well the event time and user account associated with the change.
- #238 - Allow racks with the same name within a site (but in different groups)
- #971 - Add a view to show all VLAN IDs available within a group
- #1673 - Added object/list views for services
- #1687 - Enabled custom fields for services
- #1739 - Enabled custom fields for secrets
- #1794 - Improved POST/PATCH representation of nested objects
- #2029 - Added optional NAPALM arguments to Platform model
- #2034 - Include the ID when showing nested interface connections (API change)
- #2118 - Added
longitudefields to Site for GPS coordinates
- #2131 - Added
last_updatedfields to DeviceType
- #2157 - Fixed natural ordering of objects when sorted by name
- #2225 - Add "view elevations" button for site rack groups
- #2272 - Allow subdevice_role to be null on DeviceTypeSerializer"
- #2286 - Fixed "mark connected" button for PDU outlet connections
- Introduced the
- API writes now return a nested representation of related objects (rather than only a numeric ID)
- The dcim.DeviceType serializer now includes
- The dcim.Site serializer now includes
- The ipam.Service and secrets.Secret serializers now include custom fields
- The dcim.Platform serializer now includes a free-form (JSON)
Changes Since v2.4-beta1
- #2229 - Allow mapping of ConfigContexts to tenant groups
- #2259 - Add changelog tab to interface view
- #2264 - Added "map it" link for site GPS coordinates
- #2137 - Fixed JSON serialization of dates
- #2258 - Include changed object type on home page changelog
- #2265 - Include parent regions when filtering applicable ConfigContexts
- #2288 - Fix exception when assigning objects to a ConfigContext via the API
- #2296 - Fix AttributeError when creating a new object with tags assigned
- #2300 - Fix assignment of an interface to an IP address via API PATCH
- #2301 - Fix model validation on assignment of ManyToMany fields via API PATCH
- #2305 - Make VLAN fields optional when creating a VM interface via the API
- 🔍View and search all Netbox releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!