- Parallel node drain for scale down was implemented. It can be enabled by setting the
true, and is configurable via
--max-drain-parallelismflags. It's still turned off by default, and hasn't been sufficiently tested yet - treat it as experimental.
- Priority expander no longer blocks scale up when its ConfigMap is missing or malformed.
NodeGroup.DeleteNodescalls during scale-down can be batched now, configurable via
--node-deletion-batcher-interval(batching is turned off by default).
- Nodes hosting kube-apiserver are no longer treated differently in scale-down logic. The special handling was removed after it was discovered scale down resource limiting was inconsistent with scale-up and haven't actually worked correctly since CA 1.18.
- GPU-accelerated windows nodes can now be scaled down.
- A new annotation
cluster-autoscaler.kubernetes.io/pod-scale-up-delayhas been added, which allows user to set
new-pod-scale-up-delayper pod, instead of autoscaler wide configuration. Annotation value will be used only if it is larger then global
--node-delete-delay-after-taintflag that controls how long Cluster Autoscaler waits for after tainting a node, before rechecking and deleting the node.
- Introduced a new flag
--enforce-node-group-min-sizeto enforce the node group minimum size. For node groups with fewer nodes than the configuration, Cluster Autoscaler will scale them up to the minimum number of nodes.
- Cluster Autoscaler no longer applies
beta.kubernetes.io/archlabels to template nodes when scaling a node group from 0 nodes. Pods selecting these labels will no longer trigger a scale-up from 0 nodes.
max_nodes_countmetric is now computed dynamically by looping through all node groups and counting the MaxSize of each node group.
- Support for extended resource definition in MIG templates was added. The resources can be configured via
- Updated AWS instance types adding support for Mac Metal and r6a and r6is Families.
- When scaling an AWS ASG from 0, the ASG name (
eks.amazonaws.com/nodegroup) can now be used without any additional work as a NodeSelector.
- Support node label keys having underscores
- Pre-existing volumes no longer break autoscaling.
- Support monitoring instance-pool work-requests for capacity/quota issues during scale-up.
Dec. 21, 2022, 2:17 p.m.
Cluster Autoscaler 1.26.0
Register or login to:
- 🔍View and search all Kubernetes Cluster Autoscaler releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!