Glances - v3.4.0
Note: Glances 3.4.x will be the latest release with Python 2 and Python < 3.8 support. Futures releases based on the branch develop will only support Python 3.8 or higher.
* Enhance process "extended stats" display (in Curses interface) #2225 _You can now *pin* a specific process to the top of the process list_ * Improve Glances start time by disabling Docker and Podman version getter - Related to #1985 * Customizable InfluxDB2 export interval #2348 * Improve kill signal management #2194 * Display a critical error message if Glances is ran with both webserver and rpcserver mode * Refactor the Cloud plugin, disable it by default in the default configuration file - Related to #2279 * Correct clear-text logging of sensitive information (security alert #29) * Use of a broken or weak cryptographic hashing algorithm (SHA256) on password storage #2175
* Correct issue (error message) concerning the Cloud plugin - Related to #2392 * InfluxDB2 export doesn't process folders correctly - missing key #2327 * Index error when displaying programs on MacOS #2360 * Dissociate 2 sensors with exactly the same names #2280 * All times displayed in UTC - Container not using TZ/localtime (Docker) #2278 * It is not possible to return API data for a particular mount point (FS plugin) #1162
Documentation and CI:
* chg: Dockerfile - structured & cleaner build process #2386 * Ubuntu is back as additional Docker images. Alpine stays the default one. Related to #2185 * Improve Makefile amd docker-compose to support Podman and GPU * Workaround to pin urlib3<2.0 - Related to #2392 * Error while generating the documentation (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'glances') #2391 * Update Flamegraph (memory profiling) * Improve template for issue report and feature request * Parameters in the VIRT column #2343 * Graph generation documentation is not clear #2336 * docs: Docker - include tag details * Add global architecture diagram (Excalidraw) * Links to documents in sample glances.conf are not valid. #2271 * Add semgrep support * Smartmontools missing from full docker image #2262 * Improve documentation regarding regexp in configuration file * Improve documentation about the [ip] plugin #2251
Cyber security update:
* All libs have been updated to the latest version Full roadmap here: https://github.com/nicolargo/glances/milestone/62?closed=1
Refactor the Docker images factory, from now, Alpine and Ubuntu images will be provided (nicolargo/glances):
- latest-full for a full Alpine Glances image (latest release) with all dependencies
- latest for a basic Alpine Glances (latest release) version with minimal dependencies (Bottle and Docker)
- dev for a basic Alpine Glances image (based on development branch) with all dependencies (Warning: may be instable)
- ubuntu-latest-full for a full Ubuntu Glances image (latest release) with all dependencies
- ubuntu-latest for a basic Ubuntu Glances (latest release) version with minimal dependencies (Bottle and Docker)
- ubuntu-dev for a basic Ubuntu Glances image (based on development branch) with all dependencies (Warning: may be instable)
Contributors for this version:
* @Nicolargo * @RazCrimson : a very special thanks to @RazCrimson for his huge work on this version ! * Bharath Vignesh J K * @fr4nc0is * Florian Calvet * Ali Erdinç Köroğlu * Jose Vicente Nunez * Rui Chen * Ryan Horiguchi * mfridge * snyk-bot
May 16, 2023, 8:40 a.m.
Register or login to:
- 🔍View and search all Glances releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!