Flux v0.39.0 comes with new features and improvements. Users are encouraged to upgrade for the best experience.
Starting with version, the Flux controllers come with SBOMs and SLSA Provenance Attestations embedded in their container images.
The Flux Terraform Provider has a new resource for bootstrapping Flux, without depending on third-party Terraform providers, that allows customising the controllers at install time. Users are encouraged to migrate to this new resources and provide feedback.
The Flux CLI is now included in Wolfi OS, the Linux (Un)distro designed for securing the software supply chain. The Chainguard team and Wolfi maintainers are shipping updates for the Flux package on a regular basis.
Features and improvements
- Recreate immutable resources (e.g. Kubernetes Jobs) by annotating or labeling them with
- Support for HTTPS bearer token authentication for Git repositories.
- Improve memory usage by disabling the caching of Secret and ConfigMap resources in all controllers.
- Better observability with progressive status updates for Sources (Git, OCI, Helm, S3 Buckets).
- Allow extracting the OCI artifact SHA256 digest for Cosign with
flux push artifact -o json.
- Track CRDs managed by Flux,
flux treewill show which HelmRelease deployed which CRDs.
- Allow the Flux GitHub Action to use a GitHub token when checking for updates to avoid rate limiting.
- Security: Software Bill of Materials
- Security: SLSA Provenance Attestations
- Security: Scanning Flux images for CVEs
- source-controller v0.34.0
- kustomize-controller v0.33.0
- helm-controller v0.29.0
- notification-controller v0.31.0
- image-reflector-controller v0.24.0
- image-automation-controller v0.29.0
- PR #3550 - @stefanprodan - flux tree: Set CRDs GroupKind in output
- PR #3549 - @stefanprodan - flux tree: Track CRDs managed by HelmReleases
- PR #3545 - @fluxcdbot - Update toolkit components
- PR #3542 - @stefanprodan - flux tree: Add namespaces to objects reconciled from HRs
- PR #3540 - @stefanprodan - Add json/yaml output to flux push artifact
- PR #3537 - @stefanprodan - Update dependencies to Kubernetes v1.26.1
- PR #3532 - @stefanprodan - Update Alpine to v3.17 and kubectl to v1.26.1 in flux-cli image
- PR #3531 - @makkes - fix misleading messaging when using
- PR #3529 - @dependabot[bot] - build(deps): bump docker/setup-buildx-action from 2.2.1 to 2.4.0
- PR #3526 - @dependabot[bot] - Bump anchore/sbom-action from 0.13.1 to 0.13.3
- PR #3525 - @dependabot[bot] - Bump github/codeql-action from 2.1.38 to 2.2.1
- PR #3524 - @dependabot[bot] - Bump goreleaser/goreleaser-action from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1
- PR #3517 - @jooooel - Fix broken GitHub Action and handle case where VERSION is provided as an input
- PR #3507 - @thezanke - Update prometheus-community helm repo due to the suspension of OCI builds
- PR #3501 - @kingdonb - Add GITHUB_TOKEN to Flux GitHub Action
- PR #3488 - @dependabot[bot] - Bump snyk/actions from 1cc9026f51d822442cb4b872d8d7ead8cc69a018 to e25b2e6f5658d1bb7a6671b113260f13134cc3af
- PR #3487 - @dependabot[bot] - Bump actions/cache from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3
- PR #3486 - @dependabot[bot] - Bump github/codeql-action from 2.1.37 to 2.1.38
- PR #3477 - @raffis - fix(install-script): support $GITHUB_TOKEN
Security wording was detected, but no CVEs were found.
- 🔍View and search all FluxCD v2 releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!