Ethereum (Go) - v1.12.0
Geth v1.12.0 is a potentially breaking change, hence it was deemed to deserve version bump, to
The v1.12 release family drops support for proof-of-work, and thus can not be used any more on PoW-based private chains, or as an upstream library for projects depending on
ethash PoW (#27178, #27147).
In our GraphQL API, a breaking change is that all numeric values are now encoded as hex strings (#26894). The internal GraphQL UI was updated to version 2.0. (#27294).
Regarding our move from
pebble, Geth now defaults to use Pebble as a backend if no existing database is found (#27136). If a previous LevelDB database exists Geth will keep using that, and if you must have LevelDB for some compatibility reasons, you can force it in Geth with the
We have made progress on "EIP-4844: Shard Blob Transactions" (#27257, #27256, #27155, #27049), beacon light sync (#27292), and path-based state storage (#27176, #26813) but neither is finished as of yet.
- Add block overrides to eth_call (#26414)
- Make batched state-test execution possible (#27318)
- Do not ignore
null address while iterative dump (#27320)
- Fix flatCallTracer crasher (#27304)
- Prevent pebble shutdown-panic (#27238)
- Make websocket use default "HTTP_PROXY" by default (#27264)
latest block by default (#24363)
txHash field on txTraceResult (#27183)
- Fix crash on querying finalized block (#27162)
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.12.0 release milestone.
As with all our previous releases, you can find the:
- Pre-built binaries for all platforms on our downloads page.
- Docker images published under
- Ubuntu packages in our Launchpad PPA repository.
- OSX packages in our Homebrew Tap repository.
- 🔍View and search all Ethereum (Go) releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!