Ethereum (Go) - v1.11.6
Geth v1.11.6 is a maintenance release, fixing some minor issues and adding some log management features.
Log rotation has landed in
geth, via (#26843). Log rotation can be activated using the flag
--log.rotate. Additional parameters that can be given are:
--log.maxsizeto set maximum size before files are rotated,
--log.maxbackupsto set how many files are retailed,
--log.maxageto configure max age of rotated files,
--log.compresswhether to compress rotated files
The location the logfile(s) can be configured as previously, using the
A new log output format,
logfmt was added (#27001, #26970). It can be enabled using
--log.format, which currently supports the options
terminal. (Thus, the
--log.json option is now deprecated).
And finally, the flag
--vmodule was renamed to
- New sepolia bootnodes managed by EF devops are added (#27099)
- Converting the codebase to use
atomictypes (#27068, #27031, #27030, #27013,#27014, #27011, #26992, #26993, #26951, #26935, #27121)
- Bugfixes to make tracers more correct avoid crashes (#27029, #26848)
- Fix race-conditions in
- New CPU counter-typed metrics (#26796)
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.11.6 release milestone.
As with all our previous releases, you can find the:
- Pre-built binaries for all platforms on our downloads page.
- Docker images published under
- Ubuntu packages in our Launchpad PPA repository.
- OSX packages in our Homebrew Tap repository.
- 🔍View and search all Ethereum (Go) releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!