This is a security release of Geth, improving resilience of the transaction pool against certain kinds of DoS attacks. These attacks have recently been observed in testnets.
- TxPool validation rules have been tightened to defend against certain DoS attacks. The new checks are based on research by @dwn1998, @wangyibo0308, @ZhouYuxuan97, @tristartom, @fs3l. Thank you for your report and cooperation! (#26648)
- EIP-712 signing in Clef now recognizes all primitive types of Solidity. (#26770)
- EF bootstrap nodes on MS Azure have been removed because they will be decommissioned soon. (#26828)
core.Messagetype has been changed from interface to struct and
types.Message(in core/types) has been removed. This is a breaking API change in core/types. We believe the removal should not cause additional disruption for downstream projects because
types.Messageshad no meaningful use outside of package core. (#25977)
core.BlockGenhas a new
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.11.4 release milestone.
As with all our previous releases, you can find the:
Security wording was detected, but no CVEs were found.
- 🔍View and search all Ethereum (Go) releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!