This is a patch-release, fixing a couple of issues with the major release yesterday:
- Make our MacOS-builds work again (26653),
- Fix some flaws related to withdrawals (Shanghai), which were detected on
zhejiangtestnet (#26704 [#26707],(https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/pull/26707)).
- Fix an issue where geth refused to start following a partial datadir wipe 26703
This version is ready for the Shanghai upgrade on Sepolia.
If have not already upgraded to
v1.11.0, then you should also read the release notes for that version.
If you have already upgraded to
v1.11.0, there is no urgency in upgrading to
v1.11.1, unless you are directly affected by the issues; e.g. want to use of Sepolia.
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.11.1 release milestone.
As with all our previous releases, you can find the:
- 🔍View and search all Ethereum (Go) releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!