Emissary-Ingress - v2.0.0-ea
:tada: Emissary Ingress 2.0.0-ea :tada:
Emissary Ingress is an open source, Kubernetes-native microservices API gateway built on the Envoy Proxy.
Upgrade Emissary - https://www.getambassador.io/reference/upgrading.html
View changelog - https://github.com/emissary-ingress/emissary/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
Get started with Emissary on Kubernetes - https://www.getambassador.io/user-guide/getting-started
We're pleased to introduce Emissary 2.0.0 as a developer preview. The 2.X family introduces a number of changes to allow Emissary to more gracefully handle larger installations, reduce global configuration to better handle multitenant or multiorganizational installations, reduce memory footprint, and improve performance. We welcome feedback!! Join us on Slack and let us know what you think.
- Feature: The
ListenerCRD allows explicit definition of ports to listen on, the protocols and security model for each port, and which
Hosts should be associated with which
requestPolicy.insecure.actionworks independently across
- Bugfix: Fixed a regression in detecting the Ambassador Kubernetes service that could cause the wrong IP or hostname to be used in Ingress statuses.
Mappings will not be associated unless a
Hostselector or a
hostelement explicitly agree.
hostfield is either an exact match or (with
host_regexset) a regex.
Mappingnow has a new
hostnameelement that is functionally the same as
host, but is always a DNS glob.
- Change: The
tlsfield on the Ambassador module is now deprecated. Please use TLSContexts instead https://www.getambassador.io/docs/edge-stack/latest/topics/running/tls/#tlscontext.
- Change: Envoy V3 is now the default.
- Change: The
HostCRD is now required when terminating TLS.
- Change: The AGENT_SERVICE environment variable has been deprecated.
TLSContextis no longer supported -- use an extra 'Listener' instead!
prune_unreachable_routesnow defaults to true, which should reduce Envoy memory requirements for installations with many
- Change: The edgectl CLI tool has been deprecated, please use the
emissary-ingresshelm chart instead.
June 24, 2021, 10:33 p.m.
Emissary Ingress 2.0.0-ea
Register or login to:
- 🔍View and search all Emissary-Ingress releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!