DevSpace now makes it even easier to start developing on Kubernetes. In many cases, it can be difficult to get started when you don't have an established way of pushing images between your local environment and a remote cluster. Setting up a registry when you're only evaluating Kubernetes and DevSpace is sometimes too much to ask.
DevSpace will detect whether you are using a local or remote cluster. When using a remote cluster DevSpace will check if you have push permissions to the image's registry. When you do not have push permissions, DevSpace will deploy an image registry to your cluster with a NodePort service, start port forwarding between your
localhost and the registry pod, and update your image URLs to use the new
localhost registry URL. The remote cluster will now resolve images from the deployed registry.
For cases when you are using a local Kubernetes cluster, or have push permissions to a remote registry, DevSpace will behave exactly as before. No additional configuration is needed in
devspace.yaml, but if you wish to enabled persistence for the local registry, or use a custom registry image, configuration options are available.
- Add DEVSPACE_PROFILES variable and is_in command by @alexissellier in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2297
- Specify a kubeClient when loading the devspace configuration by @alexissellier in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2306
- Add dark-green color for completed state pods in UI by @mahendrabagul in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2335
- Improve arch detection of pod when installing devspacehelper by @pratikjagrut in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2336 and @FabianKramm in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2381
- Fallback to ssh if https doesn't work when cloning dependencies by @pratikjagrut in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2330 & https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2355
- Allow importing require statements and show all failures by @dtomasi in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2354
- Add disabled flag for dependencies to avoid resolving all dependencies by @lizardruss in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2361
- Add proper schema validation for vars by @mahendrabagul in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2343
- Fix an issue when authenticating with Azure Container Registry (ACR) by @lizardruss in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2376
- Local registry by @lizardruss in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2326
- Support "~" (home) at the start of sync path by @matskiv in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2384
- Add SIGINT syscall signal before SIGKILL by @mahendrabagul in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2388
- Fixed improper parsing of volume name by @ryancharris in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2405
- Use 'wss' protocol when DevSpace ui is loaded via 'https' by @lizardruss in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2410
- Fixed building in Kaniko from Windows by @lizardruss in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2423
- Improve output for pull secret creation by @FabianKramm in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2428
- Pass DevSpace vars to plugin environment by @mahendrabagul in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2400
- Add global flag for running dependencies sequentially by @pratikjagrut in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2424
- Fix commands with predefined variables by @FabianKramm in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2429
- Fix local registry failing with multiple dependencies by @lizardruss in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2425
- Scale down replica sets to allow transfer of persistPaths persistent volume claims between pods by @lizardruss in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2431
- Fix imported variables are not used in other variables by @pratikjagrut in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2432
- Generate keys using ecdsa instead of rsa by @pratikjagrut in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2437
- Add is_in function docs by @alexissellier in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2307
- Fix a tiny typo by @lianmakesthings in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2311
- Hide deprecated printLogs & remoteExec configs in docs by @carlmontanari in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2312
- Remove use profile command docs by @alexissellier in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2320
- Replace chmod/mv with install command in docs by @tradel in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2327
- Remove incorrect docs about environment variables with PowerShell by @lizardruss in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2340
- Correct function return value docs by @pratikjagrut in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2347
- Fix semantic error in docs example by @Kromtar in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2363
- Add Hooks page in docs by @mahendrabagul in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2364
- Fix typo in initialize project docs by @mahendrabagul in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2369
- Fix typo in Select Dev Container By Pod Labels page by @shepda in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2350
- Fix alwaysResolve flag's default value in docs by @mahendrabagul in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2378
- Fix issue template labels by @matskiv in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2372
- Add devspacehelper build details in contributing guide by @mahendrabagul in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2383
- Add profiles for dependency to documentation by @alexissellier in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2396
- Corrected documentation page title mistake by @matskiv in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2394
- Remove incorrect statement about BuildKit deployment name in documentation by @lizardruss in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2413
- Update dependencies by @FabianKramm in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2421
- Update sync help msg and documentation by @pratikjagrut in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2438
- @tradel made their first contribution in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2327
- @shepda made their first contribution in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2350
- @dtomasi made their first contribution in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2354
- @Kromtar made their first contribution in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2363
- @ryancharris made their first contribution in https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/pull/2405
Full Changelog: https://github.com/loft-sh/devspace/compare/v6.1.1...v6.2.0
- 🔍View and search all DevSpace releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!