Cypress - v8.0.0
We've made some updates to ensure a consistent run experience across browsers.
Now all browsers run via
cypress run run headlessly, with a device pixel ratio
of 1, and a screen size of 1280x720 by default.
Migration Guide which explains the changes
in more detail and how to change your code to migrate to Cypress 8.0.
- When running
cypress runprevious to 8.0, some browsers would launch headed
while others were launched headless by default. Cypress now runs all browsers
cypress runas headless by default. Addresses
- The default screen size when running a headless browser has been reverted back
to 1280x720 pixels (pre 7.0 behavior). Addresses
- When running the
--headlessChrome browser via
cypress run, the device
pixel ratio will now be 1 by default, matching the behavior of all other
browsers. This behavior can be overridden through the
browser launch API.
- Cypress now enforces version checks for browser launching and will error
cypress runand not allow opening the browser in
attempting to open unsupported browser versions. Cypress supports Chrome >=
64, Firefox >= 86, and Edge >= 79. Addressed in
- Arguments returned from a chained function will no longer incorrectly be of
jQueryand instead have an
Cypress.RuntimeConfigOptiontypes have been updated so that
match the JSON schema. Addressed in
- You can now configure certificate authority (CA) and client certificates to
use within tests on a per-URL basis via a
option. See Client certificates for
- Setting the environment variable
ELECTRON_RUN_AS_NODEnow starts Cypress as
a normal Node.js process rather than an Electron process. See
Running headless tests without Xvfb
for more details. Addresses
console.errorcalled within the
will now be captured in the
stdoutsent to the Cypress Dashboard, making it
visible in Output logs in the Dashboard. Fixes
- There are several fixes for
timesoption now works correctly with
localhostis now accepted as a valid
delaynow works correctly with a
statusCodeof 204. Fixes
- When using the experimental
Cypress Studio, there should be a
reduced occurrence of "Studio failed to save commands" error messages. Fixes
cy.invoke()now retains the proper
nested object methods. Fixes
- We no longer trigger unnecessary snapshot re-renders when hovering over the
Command Log. Fixes
July 20, 2021, 12:31 a.m.
Register or login to:
- 🔍View and search all Cypress releases.
- 🛠️Create and share lists to track your tools.
- 🚨Setup notifications for major, security, feature or patch updates.
- 🚀Much more coming soon!